Union of Bulgarian ArtistsNews
1. The Festival of Contemporary Bulgarian Ceramics - Sofia 2021 will be held from 1 to 17 September 2021 in the gallery of the Union of Bulgarian Artists, Sofia, 6 Shipka Str. Foreign authors are also allowed to participate in the event.
2. Participants have to send a completed form (in Bulgarian and English) and digital images of their works by July 10, 2021.
SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF CHURCH ARTS
Veliko Tarnovo, 2021
October 18 - November 6, 2021
The exhibition is a contemporary forum for artists in the field of Orthodox ecclesiastic art such as iconography, mural art, woodcarving, mosaics, etc., applied in church interior and in divine service. The forum includes an exhibition, presentations, discussions and other related happenings. The Biennial made its debut in 2009 as a national occurrence, but soon established itself as an international event. The organizers hope to broaden and promote the format by publishing an electronic catalogue in Bulgarian and English and including it in the National Reference List of Contemporary Bulgarian Scientific Publications.
A Time of Reformatting
13 October – 30 December 2021
I. GOAL and GENERAL CONDITIONS
The main goal of The International Biennial The Art of Miniature is to promote and encourage the creation of miniature works of Fine Arts and Photography. The International Biennial The Art of Miniature is held every two years, with the first edition in 2007.
I.AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To present achievements of the world graphic art.
2.To promote artistic activities and to encourage contacts among artists from all over the world.
II.TIME AND PLACE
- The 21st International Print Biennial - Varna 2021 will be opened on 13th August 2021 at 18.00 o’clock at “Boris Georgiev” Varna City Art Gallery.
- The deadline for submitting works and application forms is 31st March 2021.
STATE OF THE 10th INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF THE SMALL FORMS - PLEVEN 2020 Bulgaria
§ І. GENERAL TERMS:
1. The Small Forms Biennial (BSF) is a traditional and established forum for presenting the contemporary trends and achievements in the field of painting, graphics and sculpture in fine arts.
2. The Tenth Biennial is again with international participation. This defines the changes in the organization, the awards, the conditions for participation and the conduct of the biennial.
Below is a link to Hello World, an international project where artists throughout the world have submitted art works to share with all of us. We hope you enjoy this gesture of goodwill and solidarity from our colleagues around the globe.
The history of the Balkan peoples represents an organic part of the human civilization’s history. Our millennial presence on this land at crossroads has many dimensions. The most fabulous ones are the myths and legends, carried throughout time. They intertwine pain and beliefs, suffering and dreams, imagination and passions. Different and often amazingly close, they carry together the spirit of the people from this part of Europe. Their recreation for centuries on has been connected with the work of the artists. The Balkan Quadrennial of Painting „Myths and Legends of My People” is devoted to their role in the art of our contemporaries. Its invitation is addressed to all artists, trying to find the visible image of their people’s myths.
Ten years after its initiation, the Festival of Contemporary Ceramics has yet again become an occasion for the artists who produce their magic in this material to get together. The annual meeting of ceramics artists provides and opportunity for Bulgarian viewers to see in one place works by authors оf different generations, of various aesthetic mindsets and philosophic outlooks, of different technological approach and relation to the art of ceramics.
Fire and earth are the essence of ceramics, and their symbiosis has been known since times immemorial. The destructive, yet creative power of fire would transform the mundane and pliable mass of clay into exquisite and one-of-a-kind work of art.
EIGHTH INTERNATIONAL TRIENNIAL OF GRAPHIC ARTS – SOFIA 2019
On this 23 November 2019 the International Jury members:
Bouyan Filchev, Bulgaria
Edvin Dragichevic, Croatia
Lyuben Genov, Bulgaria
Pedro Galilea, Spain
Rateb Shaban, Jordan
reviewed the participating prints in the 8th International Triennial of Graphic Arts – Sofia 2019 and decided to present the following awards:
The International Triennial of Graphic Arts Sofia is an event intended to present the latest trends and achievements in the development of contemporary graphic art. This major event, now in its twenty-third year, has established itself as a relevant platform for contemporary graphic art, being one of the significant international shows in the field of visual arts in Bulgaria. Ever since its launch, it has displayed artworks by authors from about 30 countries and 4 continents. Hopefully this year’s edition will provide a fuller picture of this unpredictable by its communicative nature art.
1. Main organiser
Union of Bulgarian Artists, Print and Illustration Section
Address: 6 Shipka St, 1504 Sofia, Bulgaria
phone: (+359 2) 846 72 48; fax: (+ 359 2) 946 02 12; email: email@example.com; website: www.sbhart.com, www.sbhprint.com
The INTERNATIONAL WATERCOLOR SOCIETY - BULGARIA Foundation (IWS Bulgaria) and Varna City Art Gallery Boris Georgiev are organizing II INTERNATIONAL TRIENNIAL WATERcolor & SPIRIT - Varna 2019 (The Triennial).
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION
1. All artists from Bulgaria and abroad over the age of 18 who accept the terms and conditions of the GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION have the right to participate in the Triennial.
2. The theme is free, and the motto is WATERcolor & SPIRIT.
3. For participation are accepted original works, painted in traditional watercolor technique on paper.
4. The works must be drawn by the artists themselves and should not be derived from photos or works of other authors. They should be completed within the past three years and should not have participated in other events or catalogs.
5. Accepted for participation are works with dimensions 56х76 сm and 38х56 сm.
6. Each artist has the right to submit up to 2 of his works. For participation in the Triennial the Jury chooses one of them.
The Second Festival of Contemporary Bulgarian Ceramics was opened at the "Rayko Aleksiev" Gallery tonight.
The jury nominated the following awards:
Two equal prizes at the festival: Zhenya Adamova and Ivan Kanchev.
Award for Young Participant: Victoria Spassova.
TAI ‘s AIR program is inviting artists from worldwide those, who have enthusiasm for realizing their creative projects in Yerevan capital of Armenia.
The duration of the program can be 1-12 month.
Disciplines and assistance
-Visual art, performance art, music, architecture, urban art, literature, curatorial and cultural research, arts administration, art management, and interdisciplinary etc.
-Basic tools and art supplies.
-Logistic support and assistance for artists' residency projects.
§ І. GENERAL TERMS:
1. The Small Forms Biennial (BMF) is a traditional and established forum for presenting the contemporary trends and achievements in the field of painting, graphics and sculpture in fine arts.
2. The Ninth Biennial is again with international participation. This defines the changes in the organization, the awards, the conditions for participation and the conduct of the biennial.
THEME: “EX LIBRIS – EX LITTERA“. The subject of the contest provides an opportunity for artists to interpret the transmission and preservation of messages in time and space using alphabetic or signage systems of all cultures and peoples (signs, symbols, and letters). All known ways in the world for such communication can be recreated.
The Union of Bulgarian Artists announces a session for the acceptance of new members .
Applications must be submitted to:
1. Application: the applicant explicitly states that he/she is familiar with the Statute of the UBA and accepts it’s clauses.
2. Detailed CV.
3. Materials representing the creative activity of the applicant (a portfolio of photos or prints of works with a maximum A4 size, accompanied by a full description of the works – title, size, technique, year of creation, or digital portfolio for authors who only work with electronic media). Other materials such as catalogs, leaflets, etc. can be presented.
CV and materials are submitted in paper and/or electronic form in one copy.
You can explore a virtual museum with works of Boris Denev and Slavka Deneva.
The project was realized by "Support for the Art in Bulgaria" Foundation in 2017 with the financial support of Program „Culture“ of Sofia Municipality.
Three Bulgarian artists were selected by the jury of the Seventh Beijing International Art Biennale (China 2017) - Pavlin Radevski, Slav Nedev and Stefan Churchuliev. The exhibition of the biennial was held from 24 September to 15 October 2017 at the National Museum of Art in Beijing. There were 567 authors from 102 countres, 601 works - 411 foreign and 190 by chinese artists. The theme of the biennial was "The Silk Road and the World Civilizations".
THE MANAGEMENT BOARD OF THE UBB determined the amount of the membership fee for 2018 as follows:
for ONE YEAR - 30 (thirty) leva.
All members PENSIONERS,
women born before 1 January 1957, and
- men born before 1 January 1954
The Governing Council of Non-profit organization "Union of Bulgarian Artists" on the grounds of Article 26 paragraph 3 of the Non organize General Assembly on 15th of December 2017 (Friday) at 10 a.m. in the exhibition hall of the 4th floor with the following agenda:
- Adoption of the budget of the UBA 2018
If there is no quorum on the basis of Article 27 the meeting will be held the same day at 11 a.m. at the same place and with the same agenda.