About the Foundation
Foundation "SUPPORT FOR THE ART IN BULGARIA"
Foundation "Supporting Art in Bulgaria" was established by resolution of the Board of UBA in 2008. The Foundation's headquarters is at “Shipka” str. № 18 - the house of Slavka Deneva, (daughter of the famous Bulgarian artist Boris Denev), by who’s will the UBA became owner of the family house. Foundation’s activities are guided by Board of Trustees (Board of UBA) and the Foundation Board with president - Dolores Dilova, vice-president - Philip Zidarov and members Alexander Radoslavov, Dimitar Grozdanov, Stefan Bozhkov and Hristo Haralampiev.
The Foundation is a direct successor of the Fund "Supporting Art in Bulgaria" established in 1993. Over the years the Fund realizes significant projects, including:
- Establishment and funding of scholarships for students in the National Academy of Arts - painting, drawing, sculpture and restoration and a scholarship for students in the High School of Fine Arts "Ilia Petrov" - Sofia;
- Creating a prize fund. Prizes are given to Bulgarian authors at: International Triennial of Graphic Arts – Sofia; International Print Triennial – Varna; International Triennial of Stage Poster; International Triennial of Painting; The prize "Marin Varbanov" for Applied Arts; "St. Pimen Zografski" prize for Christian art; Prizes for young artists: "Forum Bulgarian Fashion", "Music, Vision, N-forms", "Small Format Graphics”, "Award for participation in, “Contest of the National Association for design and advertisement”, etc…
- Establishment of a monetary award "Contribution to Bulgarian art " and annual awards for lifetime achievement and organizing exhibitions with works of the winners;
- Installation of memorial plaques at the houses of prominent Bulgarian artists;
- A proposal to the National Assembly to grant personal pension contributions for artists with high achievements in Bulgarian art;
- Supporting the individual, collective and commemorative exhibitions, creative projects and workshops;
- Promotion of Bulgarian fine arts and organizing exhibitions abroad: "Contemporary Bulgarian Art", Warsaw (Poland), Concern "Siemens", Munich (Germany), Antwerp (Belgium), Nis (Serbia), Prague (Chech Republic);
- Promoting the creative work of Slavka Deneva and Boris Denev and their invaluable heritage – a collection of over 900 paintings and over 7000 drawings, sketches and other works on paper, which according to their will are now property of the UBA, the restoration of works, foundation of the museum house "Slavka and Boris Denev", organizing exhibitions and publishing catalogs and books about their life and works - "Slavka Deneva - Drawings, "Boris Denev" - Autobiography", "Drawings from the prison and the concentration camp", "Boris Denev and aviation", a 50-minute documentary film on the life and works of Slavka Deneva, a documentary film "Boris Denev – The Artist", director Ognyan Gelinov, Producer Ivan Pavlov.