Union of Bulgarian ArtistsNews
The Governing Council of Non-profit organization "Union of Bulgarian Artists" on the grounds of Article 26 paragraph 3 of the Non organize General Assembly on 15th of December 2016 (Thursday) at 10 a.m. in the exhibition hall of the 4th floor with the following agenda:
- Adoption of the budget of the UBA 2017
- Complementing the composition of the Control Commission of the UBA
If there is no quorum on the basis of Article 27 the meeting will be held the same day at 11 a.m. at the same place and with the same agenda.
The galleries of the UBA - Shipka 6 and Raiko Aleksiev will pass on the winter working hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The award of ZN ART Krasi Todorov for exceptional contribution to the world art (sculpture prize) is presented to Liu Yi from China
- The award of IWS bulgaria (sculpture prize) FOR CONTRIBUTION TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF WORLD WATERCOLOR ART is presented to Kiril Bozhkov from Bulgaria
- The award of art gallery varna (solo exhibition) is presented to Ivan Milushev from Bulgaria
During the month of August 2016 the administration and the exhibition halls of the UBA will be on holiday. The first working day will be 1st of September.
The jury – Selma Todorova, prof. Desislava Mincheva, Plamena Dimitrova- Racheva, Victoria Miteva-Tumbalova and Stella Canfield reviewed the works of 272 artists from 51 countries and nominate 37= 17 of them will receive image-making, cash and other tangible rewards.
Dear artists! Thank you for your entries to the International Watercolor Triennial - Varna, 2016!
1. Selma Todorova - curator Head of IWS Bulgaria, artist, Master Degree of Fine Arts
2. prof. Desislava Mincheva Head of International Department of the UBA, professor in National Academy of Arts
3. Dr. Plamena Racheva Director of the Art Gallery "Boris Georgiev" - Varna, Dr. of History of Art
4. Dimitar Tumbalov - Master Degree of Mural Painting owner of Art Gallery Le Papillon
5.Victoria Miteva - Master Degree of Finance owner of Art Gallery Le Papillon
It was a very hard decision for the Jury.
The auction house "Enacor" byus and collects painitng and antique objects for his auctions.
The address is:
Denkoglu 30 Str.
tel.: 0888 944959; 0888 639484
Because of the big interest the deadline for the International watercolor triennial the deadline is extended to 29.02.2016.
The bearer of the National painting award "Vladimir Dimitrov - Maistora" for 2015 is:
The award was given on 1st of February - the birthday of the great bulgarian painter - Vladimir Dimitrov - Maistora at the Art Gallery on Kyustendil.
Grand prix - KAMEN STARCHEV, BULGARIA
Four equal awards of the sponsors:
- VASIL KOLEV, BULGARIA
- VLADIMIR MILANOVICH, SERBIA
- DIMO KOLIBAROV, BULGARIA
- KRASIMIR DOBREV, BULGARIA
Award of the International Foundation “St. St. Cyril and Metodii” - MARTA LECH, POLAND
Award of the Union of the Collectors in Bulgaria - SUSUMU ENDO, JAPAN
Award of the Union of Bulgarian Artists for young artist - MARTA LECH, POLAND
Results from the competition for preparation for conceptual architectural project for „RECONSTRUCTION, RENOVATION AND FAÇADE DESIGN OF THE NATIONAL EXHIBITION CENTRE AT 6, SHIPKA STR., SOFIA, BULGARIA
The international architectural competition for the building of the Union of Bulgarian Artists at 6 Shipka Str. was announced at 13th of January 2014. The documentation for the competition was bought by 127 Bulgarian and foreign architects, studios and architectural teams from which 83 took part in the competition with their projects. Among them there were authors from Great Britain, France, Italy, Portugal, USA, Australia, Russia, Netherlands, Qatar, Germany, Greece, Egypt, Macedonia and others.
The members of the jury: arch. Atanas Panov (Sofia, Bulgaria), chosen for a chairman, arch. Caro van de Venne (Rotterdam, Netherlands); arch. Karli Luik (Tallin, Estonia); arch. Petar Todorov (Vienna, Austria); arch. Georgi Katov (Sofia, Bulgaria); prof. Svetoslav Kokalov (Sofia, Bulgaria – Rector of the National Art Academy); prof. Bozhidar Ionov (Sofia, Bulgaria – professor at the National Art Academy); Anjelo Krassini (Sofia, Bulgaria – vice president of the UBA) and Lyuben Genov (Sofia, Bulgaria – president of the UBA) was in session and choose to give the award to the following three projects: