Union of Bulgarian Artists exhibitions / archive
Opening - 7th of November, 6 p.m.
The triennial and accompanying events will be presented on 7th of November in the exhibition hall of the gallery "Shipka" 6, at the National Palace of Culture, the National Gallery – Square 500, in the gallery at the National School of Applied Arts "St. Luke "and other theater, exhibition and open spaces across Sofia.
Traditionally, the introductory text to the catalog is the work of famous Bulgarian playwrighter, as its author in the eighth edition is talented Yana Borisova!
The main exhibition brings together nearly 500 theatrical poster created over the past three years by artists from 30 countries around the world.
Opening - 17th of October, 6 p.m.
Anna Simeonova, Bozhidar Ionov, Georgi Yankov, Damyan Damyanov, Desislava Deseva, Dimitar Traychev, Kalina Serteva, Kiro Mavrov, Lyuba Tomova, Lubomir Mihailov, Maya Staykova, Nasko Atanasov, Nenko Atanasov, Nikolay Mladenov, Nikolai Pekarev, Peter Stanimirov, Peter Chuchuligov, Simeon Krastev, Strahil Dimitrov, Hristo Alexiev, Chavdar Nikolov are the authors who are invited by the triennial and created for its eighth edition posters dedicated to Stefan Despodov (1950 - 2015), expressing their respect for his brilliant talent.
Opening - 4th of October, 6 p.m.
Exhibition of three generations of typography artists from the 50s until today and works of students from the Master's program "Typography" the department "Book and print graphic" realized during the learning process in the academy.
More about the celebrations:
In October and November 2016 the National Academy and the department "Book and print graphic" will celebrate the 100th anniversary of Prof. Dr. Vassil Dimitrov Yonchev - teacher, artist, theorist and founder of Bulgarian typography art school, worked in art book and art font, winner of the international prize "Gutenberg" the mayor of the city of Leipzig for achievements in the art of the book.
Opening - 13th of July, 4 - 6.30 p.m.
This exhibition during the month of July can be seen as retrospective (especially in the terms of poster) and includes several dozen paintings (large and small format oil, acrylic or mixed media), mainly landscapes from the coastal area of Valenciana, Spain, such as and portraits, still lifes, decorative panels.
The graphic design of the exhibition was advocated mostly by posters (made between 1985-2015), stamps, badges, photographs.
Opening - 26th of November, 6 p.m.
CONTACT is a project created on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the International Triennial of Stage Poster - Sofia.
The collection "Contact" is formed of posters created at the invitation of the Triennial - the work of artists from different countries and different generations.
The exhibition brings together posters of anonymous competition for young Bulgarian authors and debutants those specially invited well-known names from the world of posters, including Bulgarian artists, prize winners of the Triennial.
Opening - 3rd of October, floor 1, 6 p.m.
- For 1 month (October) for the seventh time the Triennial turns Sofia into a global capital of the poster. The event is a part of the cultural calendar for 2013 and is held in support of the candidature of Sofia for European Capital of Culture - 2019.
- • The main collection of the Triennial includes 350 poster of artists from 30 countries, representing the best established in the last 3 years in the field of classical and modern theatrical forms in the world.
- Among the participating artists there are 33 Bulgarians, most of them young and debutants.
- There will be a world premiere of the nearly 120 posters devoted to special topics of the event marking the 200th anniversary of the great composers Verdi and Wagner.
- Parallel to the Triennial there are provided a series of accompanying events - collections, revealing different aspects of the art of the poster in its entirety and dynamic variety of visual codes, expressions, styles, printing technologies and current trends.
- One of the most influential figures in the world of poster (Tomasz Boguslawski, Poland; Peter Poch, Hungary; Dzhiyanping Heh, China / Germany) are arriving in Sofia in order to participate in the international jury for the awards of the Triennial and in the educational program lectures. The special guests of the Triennale are Prof. Lech Majewski - Head of the famous Warsaw Biennale and Renee Uiner - known researcher and collector from Switzerland.
On June 20th 2012 in different parts of the world, including and Sofia, both will be presented 30 posters of famous artists inspired by the themes of the conference.
It is a great honor for the foundation that the exhibition of posters of Ikko Tanaka, Kazumasa Nagai and Shigeo Fukuda – three of the significant graphic artists in Japan – is here in Bulgaria.
Today, when for third week the creations of the Second Bulgarian Design Biennial are making the halls of the gallery of UBA full of people and attracting hundreds of enthusiastic admirers of the design art, we are ready to make the myth of “the Bulgarian design” as as. Prof. Vasil Stoyanov said a reality and tradition in the cultural life in the capital and the country.
Each of these portraits has its own value, but together they become something different. It is pure, unadulterated pop art without pretense and imitation. There is no tedious premeditation and hypocrisy that accompany much of the contemporary art that has a claim to be “modern”.