Union of Bulgarian Artists / Exhibitions / Archive60 YEARS BLAGOEVGRAD ARTISTS 1958 – 2018
The history of artists in Blagoevgrad began in 1956, when Dimitar Mihailov, Argir Marchev, Stalio Stalev and Georgi Nozharov established the first Association of Artists in the City.
The first major exhibition of the Society, which involves only authors from the city, was opened a few years later, on February 6, 1962.
It is extremely important that the activity of the artists of Blagoevgrad has been growing in recent years. There are two schools of art which contribute the progress of art in the Blagoevgrad - the artistic classes at the High School “St. St. Cyril and Methodius" and the subject “Fine Arts” in the Southwest University in Blagoevgrad. This leads to the continuity between the artistic generations, proven by the presence of more than 60 active artists in the city of all ages.