Union of Bulgarian Artists / Exhibitions / ArchiveEXHIBITIONS „IDEA FOR HOME”
Dedicated to 80th anniversary from the foundation of the Union of the art associations in Bulgaria
November – December 2012
12th of November 2012, 11 a.m. – UBA, Shipka 6 Str., fl.4, conference hall
12th of November 2012, 6 – 9 p.m., Sofia, Gallery of UBA, Shipka 6 Str., lobby parter
Under the patronage of Vezhdi Rashidov, Minister of Culture
Idea: Maria Vasileva
Andrey Daniel and Olimpia Nikolova, Bozhidar Boyadzhiev, Vesela Radoeva, Ivo Bistrichki, Yovo Panchev, Maria Vasileva, Peter Tsanev, Stanislav Pamukchiev, Philip Zidarov
„Idea for home“ is a project that aims to present in one contemporary way the diverse art production of the biggest creative organization in Bulgaria – the Union of Bulgarian Artists. The idea is that the achievement of the artists from all generations will be presented to the public in a way, which will better reveal its potential. This project is dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the unification of a few associations in a Union of the art associations in Bulgaria, the heir of which is the Union of Bulgarian Artists. „Idea for home“ wants to underline the meaning of the organization as a home of creative experiments, collective competition and a dynamic communication.
Today we want to make a section of this home, to peek into the different floors and to present to the society a picture of its inhabitants, such as they are now. We imagine the different spaces as the elements without which the construction of a common house and life is impossible. From here the themes of the compound exhibitions are brought. Every one of them is developed by a curator in a separated exhibition space. For the full expressing of every element-theme are choosen artists who work in a different ways of expression, that prerequisite the overcome of the borders between sorts and styles.
- „Fire”, curator Stanislav Pamukchiev, Gallery of UBA, Shipka 6 Srt., fl. 1, оpening: 12 of November, 6 – 9 p.m.
- „Water and light”, curators Andrey Daniel and Olimpia Nikolova, Gallery of UBA, Shipka 6 Srt., fl. 2, оpening: 12 of November, 6 – 9 p.m.
- „Stone and wood”, curator Ivo Bistrichki, Gallery of UBA, Shipka 6 Srt., fl. 3, оpening: 12 of November, 6 – 9 p.m.
- „Bread”, curator Vesela Radoeva, Gallery of UBA, Shipka 6 Srt., fl. 4, оpening: 12 of November, 6 – 9 p.m.
- „Love”, curator Maria Vasileva, „Raiko Aleksiev” Gallery, Rakovski 125 Str., opening: 12 of November, 6 – 9 p.m.
- „Toys”, curator Bozhidar Boyadzhiev, „Academy” Gallery, Shipka 1 Str., opening: 19 of November, 6 p.m.
- „Library”, curator Peter Tsanev, galley–bookstore „Sofia Press” – Slavyanska 29 Str. And “Debut” – V. Levski 62 Bul., opening: 19 of November, 6 – 8 p.m.
- „Workshop”, curator Philip Zidarov, „Industrialna 11” Gallery, Industrialna 11 Str., opening: 22 of November, 6 p.m.
- „Comunications”, curator Yovo Panchev, , „Vivacom Art Hall”, Gen. Gurko 4 Str., оpening: 4 of December, 6 p.m.
For more information:
email@example.com, 029434421, 0879419563- Julia Portarova